Dementia Care Site Map
Residential respite


Short term residential respite care is available if you are living in the community and wish to remain living at home, but you or your carer needs a break from their caring role for a short time.


Residential respite can be a planned break so that your carer has time to go on a holiday or it can be used on an emergency basis such as if your carer is ill.


An Aged Care Assessment is required by the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS).  You will be guided if you are eligible for care within an aged care facility, this will depend on the type of assitance your require.  You can speak with your ACAS assessor for local residential care otpions or look at MyAged Care website.


Or phone Aged Care Australia 1800 200 422 (freecall)